Incredible Commercial Roofing Systems: The Top 3 Buyer Picks
Commercial roofing systems come in various forms, each tailored to meet specific building requirements and budget constraints. Factors such as climate, building structure, and aesthetic preferences also play a role in determining the most suitable roofing option. Here are the three best types of commercial roofing systems, their benefits, and factors to consider when selecting the most suitable choice for your business, all of which can be professionally installed by our contractors here at Tascosa Roofing!
1. Single-Ply Commercial Roofing Systems
Single-ply roofing is a time-tested option suitable for various commercial buildings. It involves using rubber or synthetic sheets that can be ballasted, mechanically fastened, or chemically adhered to insulation, providing a protective layer. EPDM and TPO are two common types of Single-Ply Roofing materials.
Advantages of Single-Ply Roofing include:
- Proven Track Record: EPDM roofing has been widely used in commercial flat roofing for many years, with extensive research and studies supporting its effectiveness.
- Customer Choice of Insulation: Since single-ply roofing does not include insulation, customers have the flexibility to choose the most suitable option for their facility.
- Fire Resistance: TPO and EPDM can achieve Class A fire resistance listings, providing added safety.
- Reflective or Retentive: TPO roofs are highly reflective, while EPDM roofs are known for their dark color and heat retention properties.
2. Metal Roofing
Metal roofing is a versatile and durable option for commercial buildings. It can be made from corrugated galvanized steel, aluminum, tin, or copper. Metal roofs are lightweight, fire-resistant, and offer energy efficiency benefits. Additionally, they come in various designs and colors, allowing for customization based on aesthetic preferences.
Advantages of Metal Roofing include:
- Design Variety: Metal roofing offers a wide range of material and color choices, allowing for customization based on architectural preferences.
- Stability: Metal roofs can withstand high winds and heavy snowfall, making them a reliable option in areas prone to severe weather conditions.
- Energy Efficiency: Metal roofs can be made from recycled materials and are highly reflective, reducing energy costs.
- Fire Resistance: Metal panels are less prone to fire damage and do not promote fire events.
3. Modified Roofing
Modified bitumen, also known as tar and gravel roofing systems, is a type of asphalt product that can be applied to the roof in various ways, even in extreme temperatures. It offers several advantages over other types of membrane roofing and is considered a contemporary alternative to traditional built-up roofs. Tascosa Roofings’ commercial roofing contractors have experience installing tar and gravel roofs in the Amarillo, TX area!
Advantages of Modified bitumen include:
- Performance in extreme temperatures: Modified bitumen roofing is designed to perform well in both hot and cold weather conditions, making it suitable for a variety of climates.
- Impressive tear resistance: The sturdy mixture of materials in modified bitumen roofing, including fiberglass and polyester reinforcement layers, provides excellent tear resistance. This makes it a reliable choice for buildings with high foot traffic.
- Waterproofing: Modified bitumen roofing offers efficient waterproofing, ensuring that the building remains protected from water damage.
- Energy efficiency: Modified bitumen roofing can be treated to increase solar reflectance and thermal emission. This helps reduce cooling demands and lowers utility expenses, making it an energy-efficient option.
- Flexibility: The flexibility of modified bitumen roofing allows it to withstand impact and temperature changes, providing added durability and longevity.
When it comes to commercial roofing systems, choosing the right option is essential for the long-term durability and protection of your building. Single-Ply Roofing, Metal Roofing, and Modified Roofing are all viable options depending on your specific requirements, budget, and aesthetic preferences.
Tascosa Roofing provides FREE consultations and estimates to help you determine the best choice for your commercial property, ensuring that it meets all your needs and provides the desired level of protection. Contact Us today to learn more!